Jan 1, 2010

2010: The Year of The Smiths!

Happy New Year everyone! Well, I took a bit of a hiatus with the blogging through December but not because of lack of material as we have been busier than ever! It is insane to think that it was one year ago that I had a crazy idea to start a photography studio part time and in such a short time myself and Evan now dedicate ourselves full time to this business. It's silly really to even think of it as a business because we are doing what we what we love, everyday, together. How much better can it get, really? But nonetheless, 2009 was amazing. We shot our first billboard, were published in The St Pete Times, were published in a local magazine, worked with 5 local charities and donated over $4,000 in photography services, invested in tons of new equipment and made tons of new friends in the wedding community, and we were just awarded a 2010 Brides' Choice Award from Wedding Wire- which means we are in the top 5% of wedding professionals. And that's just a few!

We are so grateful to our amazing clients for making this such a fulfilling experience and we are excited to see what the new year will bring us and CSE Photography! I'm not big on New Year's resolutions (I make my yearly resolutions on my birthday each year) but we do have some goals for the company and for us this year:

1. Blog Regularly About Everything: Not just our newest wedding work but the fashion projects we have been doing as well as a few other fun things in the works.
2. Company re-branding with a new website launch over the summer.
3. Open a new studio and gallery space: it will be great to not live in Starbucks anymore :)
4. Capture at least one destination wedding.
5. Design our own wedding album (we've been married 3 years and still have not done this)
6. Do our own trash the dress session in May on our Anniversary!
7. Take an actual vacation (like with a plane involved and everything): We haven't been on one since our honeymoon!

So, those are just a few fun things I wanted to share and I hope that you all will hold me accountable to them. And of course I know you want to see me in my wedding dress right?

No comments:

Post a Comment