Feb 9, 2010

Engaged! Laura & Randy

Our shoot Saturday with Laura and Randy started off at a citrus grove in central Florida. Despite the recent cold snaps, the fruit on the trees still looked good enough to eat but there was plenty on the ground to play with as props too. And we all ended up smelling like oranges, which I enjoyed. Across the road from the grove was a huge field and behold- bails of hay! I was quite excited about the sudden opportunity to shoot Laura a-top the hay (as I never thought I would have such a chance in Florida) yet there it was! The light was pretty nice despite the crazy wind gusts we had to work with and Laura's hair impressively managed to stay pretty tame.











After our grove and hay adventures, we returned to The Villages to meet their puppy Louie and include him in a few shots. I love dogs and puppies of all kind, so I was gushing over him while making funny noises to get him to look into the lens. I also tried to get an ambitious ring shot; a little too ambitious for a small and wiggly dog, but I will be trying again this weekend when we shoot with another couple incorporating their dogs as well. Louie was so cute and even though he moved (a lot!), I do love the capture I managed to get of the ring before it flew from his nose.





Cute pup, eh? What a fun and easy going couple, and I absolutely cannot wait for their wedding which is on my birthday, October 23rd! I am already dreaming of the amazing portraits we will get around The Villages. I also hope to explore one of the swamps next time we're up that way, as Evan would not let me this time even after I tried to persuade him with the chance to check out some real wetlands. I can't believe that didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment